- A simple programme of two applications of CONVISO One controls a broad weed spectrum including ryegrass and broadleaf weeds such as mallow in CONVISO SMART sugar beet cultivars
- CONVISO ONE offers a convenient approach to weed control in CONVISO SMART sugar and fodder beet cultivars with two applications applied 10-14 days apart providing excellent weed control
- CONVISO ONE exhibits excellent crop safety and can be applied from 2 true leaves of the crop
- Applying CONVISO ONE in the early stages of crop establishment removes weeds before they can significantly compete with the crop
- The low dose of CONVISO ONE minimises packaging
Beet crops are slow growing and are very susceptible to weed competition during establishment. Fast growing weeds can swiftly outcompete beet crops, especially in the first 8 weeks of establishment. To maximise beet crop yields and quality it is vital that weed competition is eliminated during this early stage.
The CONVISO SMART beet growing system is an innovative approach that revolutionises controlling weeds by allowing CONVISO SMART cultivars to be treated with CONVISO ONE, a very effective, broad-spectrum grass and broad leaf herbicide.
The CONVISO SMART system comprises two elements: CONVISO SMART sugar and fodder beet cultivars bred and marketed by KWS and CONVISO ONE, a broad-spectrum herbicide specifically developed by Bayer. CONVISO ONE is only available as part of the CONVISO SMART system from KWS.
The CONVISO SMART system has significantly simplified weed control for sugar and fodder beet. Two applications of CONVISO ONE plus Partner (adjuvant) applied with a 10-14 day interval will provide very high levels of weed control. The first application is applied when the indicator weed (normally fathen) reaches 2-4 true leaves which ensures weed competition is removed early in the life of the beet crop.